Recipe by Lizzie Rodriquez
From new book. Haven't tried. Pecans add even more protein, good monounsaturated fats, and tremendous taste to this easy baked trout dish. Serve tjhe fish with grilled asparagus tossed with a little garlic and extra virgin olive oil and roasted until golden and tender.
Top Review by klbigs
This was a very good easy to prepare recipe. we have been on the south beach diet for a week and were looking for something different. The kids ages 3 and 7 loved it too! I made the recipe as writtne and used fresh lake trout.
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 48 ounces whole trout, about 12 ounces each, cleaned and boned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a food processor, pulse pecans, rosemary, garlic, and cayenne until finely chopped.
- Place each trout, opened and flesh side up on the baking sheet.
- Season flesh side of trout with salt and brush with egg white. Sprinkle nut mixture over egg white and press to adhere. Drizzle evenly with oil and bake until trout is opaque and tender inside, about 20 minutes.