Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite way to make tilapia.
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets or 4 (6 ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 4 lemon wedges
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Combine buttermilk and hot sauce in a medium bowl.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 fillet in flour.
- Dip in buttermilk mixture.
- Dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Repeat procedure with remaining fillets, flour, buttermilk mixture, and breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 fillets and cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Repeat procedure with remaining oil and fillets.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Fantastic. I used walnuts but it was very very good. I went through two recipes of berating. It fried up crispy brown -- can't wait tip next time!
i made this dish with mahi mahi instead of tilapia(the market was out of tilapia that day) it was excellent. i plan on making it with tilapia next week!