This is my favorite way to make tilapia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets or 4 (6 ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- 2Combine buttermilk and hot sauce in a medium bowl.
- 3Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 fillet in flour.
- 4Dip in buttermilk mixture.
- 5Dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- 6Repeat procedure with remaining fillets, flour, buttermilk mixture, and breadcrumb mixture.
- 7Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 8Add 2 fillets and cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 9Repeat procedure with remaining oil and fillets.
- 10Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan-Crusted Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.1
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 526.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 38.4 g