I love pecan-crusted fish. This is a light recipe, but you can serve it with a kicked-up tartar sauce as well.
- Combine breadcrumbs, pecans, salt, garlic, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Combine buttermilk and hot sauce (such as Tabasco) in a medium bowl.
- Place flour in a third dish.
- Dredge 1 fillet in flour, dip into buttermilk mixture, then into breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a large skillet (non-stick works best) over medium-high heat.
- Cook 2 fillets for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily.
- Add remaining oil and cook additional 2 fillets.
- Serve with lemon!