Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Oh, my goodness.... If I EVER want to impress someone, this is how I do it! It's my specialty recipe and can easily be tailored with the stuffing. The red bell pepper sauce is a MUST! I have made this for friends and family, and they just rave about it!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, pounded
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 lb gruyere, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Cut the red bell peppers in half and seed them.
- Spray the skins with cooking spray and broil them (skin side up) until the skin is dark brown/black and bubbly.
- Remove peppers and put them in a brown paper bag (fold up edges of bag).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Make sure your chicken breasts are pounded out or slit in half for stuffing.
- Layer the mushrooms, crabmeat, cheese and green onions in the chicken and skewer them closed. (I use wooden skewers - you can also use toothpicks, but remember to take them out! I almost choked someone once!).
- Melt the butter and coat the stuffed chicken breasts in it.
- Roll the chicken breasts in the chopped pecans.
- Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, peel the skin from the peppers.
- Blend peppers and sour cream until smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve chicken breasts with red bell pepper sauce as a topping or under chicken for a garnish.