1 hr 5 mins
Oh, my goodness.... If I EVER want to impress someone, this is how I do it! It's my specialty recipe and can easily be tailored with the stuffing. The red bell pepper sauce is a MUST! I have made this for friends and family, and they just rave about it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the red bell peppers in half and seed them.
- 2Spray the skins with cooking spray and broil them (skin side up) until the skin is dark brown/black and bubbly.
- 3Remove peppers and put them in a brown paper bag (fold up edges of bag).
- 4Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- 5Make sure your chicken breasts are pounded out or slit in half for stuffing.
- 6Layer the mushrooms, crabmeat, cheese and green onions in the chicken and skewer them closed. (I use wooden skewers - you can also use toothpicks, but remember to take them out! I almost choked someone once!).
- 7Melt the butter and coat the stuffed chicken breasts in it.
- 8Roll the chicken breasts in the chopped pecans.
- 9Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.
- 10While the chicken is cooking, peel the skin from the peppers.
- 11Blend peppers and sour cream until smooth.
- 12Add salt to taste.
- 13Serve chicken breasts with red bell pepper sauce as a topping or under chicken for a garnish.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Crusted Stuffed Chicken With Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1326.1
- Calories from Fat 968
- Total Fat 107.6 g
- Saturated Fat 37.4 g
- Cholesterol 306.9 mg
- Sodium 654.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 78.4 g