Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This coated fresh mozzarella rounds are pan-fried to be crisp on the outside, and slightly melted on the inside.
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 0.5 (16 ounce) log fresh mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 6 cups mixed greens, salad blend
- Finely chop pecans, and grate Parmesan cheese.
- Slice mozzarella cheese into eight round about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place flour in coating tray. Lightly beat egg in second tray.
- Combine pecans, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs in third tray.
- Lightly dredge each mozzarella round in flour, shaking off excess, dip in egg, then into pecan mixture, coating evenly.
- Add the oil to skillet, heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering.
- Cook mozzarella rounds 1-2 minutes on each side or until coating is golden brown, and cheese begins to soften around edges.
- Add vinaigrette and mustard to a small bowl, and whisk until well blended.
- Cut tomatoes in half, and divide mixed greens and tomatoes among 4 serving plates.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with mozzarella rounds.
I enjoyed the salad with the crispy pecan mozzarella cheese. Thanks!