weekend cooker's Note:
This coated fresh mozzarella rounds are pan-fried to be crisp on the outside, and slightly melted on the inside.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 0.5 (16 ounce) log fresh mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 6 cups mixed greens, salad blend
- 1Finely chop pecans, and grate Parmesan cheese.
- 2Slice mozzarella cheese into eight round about 1/2 inch thick.
- 3Place flour in coating tray. Lightly beat egg in second tray.
- 4Combine pecans, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs in third tray.
- 5Lightly dredge each mozzarella round in flour, shaking off excess, dip in egg, then into pecan mixture, coating evenly.
- 6Add the oil to skillet, heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering.
- 7Cook mozzarella rounds 1-2 minutes on each side or until coating is golden brown, and cheese begins to soften around edges.
- 8Add vinaigrette and mustard to a small bowl, and whisk until well blended.
- 9Cut tomatoes in half, and divide mixed greens and tomatoes among 4 serving plates.
- 10Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with mozzarella rounds.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Crusted Mozzarella Salad
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.7
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 524.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: