Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this in our paper... haven't tried it yet but it looks great. Can make pie several days ahead and just add sauce when serving. Prep time does not include time for chilling and freezing Ice Cream.
- 1 egg white, whipped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 pint coffee ice cream or 1 pint butter pecan ice cream, softend
- 1 pint French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- toasted pecans (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make crust, fold together egg white, sugar and pecans and press into well-greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 12 minutes and chill.
- Spread coffee ice cream on bottom of chilled pie crust and add vanilla ice cream on top.
- Before serving, in small saucepan over low heat, combine brown sugar, evaporated milk, egg yolk, corn syrup, butter and vanilla extract.
- Stir until smooth and continue heating to reach desired consistency.
- Remove pie from freezer, add warm sauce, garnish with extra pecans and serve.
This was delicious! The flavor combinations were spot on! The crust was a little harder to get out/cut through but well worth it :)
I can't remember where I found this recipe, but it was obviously not in the same local paper, even though we are (somewhat) close neighbours (lol)!! I love desserts that I can make up ahead of time and freeze. This ice cream pie is decadent... and if you are really organized, have it made up ahead of time and ready for those "drop in guests". Kids, big and small, love this easy treat! Yummers!!!