Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tilapia, Snapper, my favorite - Pompano or any other white fish.
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 fish fillets (about 6 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lemon
- Combine pecans, breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Combine buttermilk and hat sauce in another shallow bowl.
- Place flour on a plate.
- Dredge in flour. Dip in buttermilk. Dredge in pecans.
- Heat skillet and add oil. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes.
- Leave skin on 1 side and dredge nonskin side.
- Broil until flakey.
- Serve with lemon wedge.