Recipe by Nana Lee
This simple sweet pie recipe is perfect for Passover, or for those who want to avoid using flour. From Linda Larsen,Your Guide to Busy Cooks at about.com. I specifically saved this b/c it has a nut crust instead of flour. This is better for Low Carbers.
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup superfine sugar or 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter and mix well.
- Press into 9" pie pan.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until just set.
- Cool on wire rack until completely cooled.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, cocoa powder, and 1 cup superfine sugar.
- Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Then add melted chocolate chips and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- In medium bowl, combine heavy cream and 2 tablespoons superfine sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Beat a spoonful of this mixture into the chocolate mixture to lighten.
- Then fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture to combine.
- Pour into cooled pie shell.
- Cover and chill until firm, about 4-6 hours. Serves 8.