Recipe by Vicki in CT
Elegant yet simple and oh so good! Add a salad and bread for a great dinner.
Top Review by lauralie41
Very close to a dish I had at my favorite restaurant! When making the pecan and flour mixture I added more pecans as it didnt look like enough for the coating. The raspberry sauce was good but for our taste buds I think I would either add less honey or increase the balsamic vinegar. Thank you for a quick and very nice dinner. Good Luck in the contest!
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 -6 chicken cutlets (or boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor (or can finely chop with knife) chop pecans; add flour and salt.
- Dip chicken cutlets in beaten egg, then in flour/pecan mixture, coating well.
- Combine raspberry preserves, honey, and vinegar in small sauce pan. Heat until warm and combined.
- Pan fry chicken in small drizzle of olive oil on medium heat until browned on both sides. (With cutlets this will take a very small amount of time. If using larger breasts, adjust cooking time.).
- Drizzle warmed sauce over chicken to serve.