Recipe by Kelly M.
Easy crispy chicken with a simple raspberry sauce. You could also do this with boneless breasts if you like, but thighs are so much more flavorful and give the dish that extra boost. Adjust the cook time to about 25 minutes if using boneless breasts. This recipe was a contest entry for RSC #11.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
5 Stars - We all really enjoyed this recipe. It was similar to others we have tried before, but adding a small amount of breadcrumbs to the pecans (instead of the other way around) was a nice change. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts (what I had on hand), reduced the cooking time to 20 minutes & the chicken was nice & moist. The pecan crusted chicken looked gorgeous after cooking & I was so caught up in plating & setting up the photo that I totally forgot about making the sauce! Luckily, it can be made super quickly in the microwave & it was delicious! DH & DS both started digging in before the sauce was made & loved it then. But they were blown away with the addition of the raspberry drizzle. We will be making this again. Made, enjoyed & reviewed for RSC#11, January 2008.
- 2 skinless chicken thighs, bone-in (not too small)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix flour, cayenne, 1/8 tsp salt and a few turns of the pepper mill in a shallow bowl.
- Mix egg and milk in another small bowl.
- Combine pecans and breadcrumbs and remaining salt on waxed paper or in a shallow dish.
- Pat thighs dry and dredge in flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture, then coat with pecan mixture on both sides, pressing in gently to help them adhere.
- Place on a shallow baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is done. Don't overcook or chicken will be dry.
- While chicken is cooking, in a small bowl combine raspberry preserves, mustard and honey, mixing well. Heat in microwave until hot. This can also be done in a small saucepan on the stove, but it's just as good in the microwave and you don't have to dirty another pan.
- Place chicken on plate and drizzle with raspberry sauce.