1 hr 15 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This recipe comes from one of our local cookbooks by Chef John Folse and Boscobel Cottage Plantation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In heavy saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Combine flour and pecans and season to taste using salt, pepper, thyme and basil.
- 3In mixing bowl combine egg, water and milk.
- 4Using a wire whisk whip ingredients until well blended.
- 5Season eggwash with salt and pepper.
- 6Dip chicken in eggwash and then in pecan flour shaking off excess.
- 7Pan fry chicken until golden brown on both sides or approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
- 8Remove and keep warm.
- 9Drain all but 1 tablespoon of oil from skillet keeping pan drippings.
- 10Add pecans and saute 1 minute.
- 11Remove from heat and deglaze with praline liqueur.
- 12Return to flame being careful as liqueur will ignite.
- 13Add heavy whipping cream and bring to rolling boil then reduce to a simmer.
- 14Reduce cream to one half volume.
- 15Season to taste using salt and pepper.
- 16Place chicken breast in the center of a ten inch plate and top with 2 ounces of the praline cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Crusted Chicken With Praline Cream
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 941.8
- Calories from Fat 711
- Total Fat 79.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 239.5 mg
- Sodium 143.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 37.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: