Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from one of our local cookbooks by Chef John Folse and Boscobel Cottage Plantation.
- In heavy saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- Combine flour and pecans and season to taste using salt, pepper, thyme and basil.
- In mixing bowl combine egg, water and milk.
- Using a wire whisk whip ingredients until well blended.
- Season eggwash with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in eggwash and then in pecan flour shaking off excess.
- Pan fry chicken until golden brown on both sides or approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of oil from skillet keeping pan drippings.
- Add pecans and saute 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and deglaze with praline liqueur.
- Return to flame being careful as liqueur will ignite.
- Add heavy whipping cream and bring to rolling boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Reduce cream to one half volume.
- Season to taste using salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breast in the center of a ten inch plate and top with 2 ounces of the praline cream.