Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I thought it sounded so good I just had to post it for future preparation.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and egg.
- In another bowl, combine the pecans, bread crumbs and flour.
- Dip the chicken in the milk and egg, then coat with the pecan mixture.
- Saute the chicken in oil until browned on all sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until the juices run clear when pierced at the thickest part.
- Sauce: combine the preserves and wine in a saucepan and heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the chicken with the blackberry wine sauce drizzled over it.
The wine sauce was delicious. The breading a bit bland. Would use panko next time.
I love this recipe! Tonight I am preparing it with angel hair pasta (minus the wine sauce)...but the wine sauce is excellent! This has definitely become a favorite!
great recipe! i really loved the breadcrumb mixture! the only changes i made were to use panko breadcrumbs and i used thin pork chops instead of chicken cuz that's what i had! i will try with chicken next time! and i think next time i will add a dried crushed habenero to the sauce since it was a bit sweet for us. thanks so much!!