Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is easy and healthy! Its a great weeknight recipe to keep on hand!
Make and share this Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad With Honey Mustard Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 cups mixed arugula or 8 cups radicchio or 8 cups curly endive lettuce or 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 4 ounces mild goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare chicken breasts by cutting them in half and pounding them out.
- Whisk the egg whites, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish mix together pecans, oregano, thyme, paprika, and cayenne.
- Dip the chicken into the egg white mixture and then into the pecan mixture.
- While the chicken is resting, heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat; coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add chicken and saute until brown on both sides.
- Place chicken in baking dish and roast until an instant read thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take chicken out and make dressing while it rests.
- Combine the honey, Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, shallot, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper until blended.
- Toss the dressing with the mixed greens (you won't need all the dressing). Toss in goat cheese and red onion.
- Arrange greens on 4 plates.
- Slice chicken.
- Arrange chicken on top of greens, sprinkle with any remaining crumbs from the pan.
- Serve with extra dressing on the side!