Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for parties! Really and truly, these are so very tasty... give them a try!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 3 chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons cajun spices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons pecan meal or 2 tablespoons pecan halves, ground
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Slice chicken into 1/2 inch wide strips; set aside.
- Beat the egg white lightly in a wide, shallow dish.
- In another dish, mix together the spices and the pecan meal.
- Dip each chicken strip in the egg white, then roll lightly in the pecan-spice mixture; set on wax paper.
- (If not cooking immediately, refrigerate uncovered.) Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook without crowding, turning occasionally, until chicken is opaque, firm to the touch, and pecan meal is golden brown then drain on paper towels.
- Serve with apricot sauce.
- To make apricot sauce, combine apricot nectar and spicy mustard in small saucepan; stir to blend and bring to boil over medium heat.
- (sauce, cont) In small dish combine the vinegar and cornstarch to make paste; add to boiling nectar, stir until slightly thickened; serve warm.
- There are many recipes for "Cajun Spice" on RecipeZaar- do a search and find your favorite!