Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 6 chicken legs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- PREHEAT oven to 400°E Toss chicken legs with egg to coat.
- COMBINE cornflakes, pecans, sugar, salt, onion powder and pepper in large resealable plastic food storage bag.
- Add chicken legs two at a time; shake to coat.
- PLACE chicken on foil-lined baking sheet; drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until tender.
Wow! What a lovely meal we had last night. This is really a dish you could serve company. I added more pecans than cornflakes and cut back the sugar to 1 tsp. It was a lovely meal, and one I will be using again and again. So easy to prepare. Thanks RecipeNut for sharing this one!
I made this for dinner last night, and it was excellent. Made as directed with chicken legs only, as that's what I had on hand. Worked perfectly. Yummy, crispy crust, which my husband really loved. Both of my young children enjoyed it as well. Made with easy-to-find ingredients. Tastes a lot like fried chicken, but with a much better coating. I wasn't sure whether or not to remove the skin from the legs, the recipe does not say, so I left it on and it worked fine. I think it would work without as well. Thanks for sharing!
I also cooked this on a rack over my baking dish - crispy all round. Baked vegetables underneath the rack. My husband love it. Will definately make it again, and again.