Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is on my New Year's Eve menu and I can't wait to try it! It was printed in the BH&G Appetizers publication.
- 2 cups pecans, ground
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces evaporated milk
- 22 chicken drummettes, washed and dried
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup cherry jam
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the salsa by combining the last 6 ingredients in a food processor. Cover and pulse until nearly smooth.
- Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Or refrigerate, covered, for several days and then bring to room temperature before serving.
- Grease a large baking pan, or cover with parchment paper.
- Combine the pecans, flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a shallow dish or pie plate.
- Pour can of evaporated milk in a second dish or pie plate.
- Dip drumettes in milk and then in the pecan mixture, coating well.
- Arrange the chicken in the prepared baking pan and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with the salsa.
- Dip the drumettes.
This is a winner! I used enough strips of chicken breast to approximate the amount of drummettes, & went from there, following the recipe right down-the-line. I liked the mix of jalapeno & cherry flavors [oh, yes, I added another 1/4 cup of dried cherries]& everything turned out just GREAT! Thanks so much for the recipe ~ it's in my files permanently!