This recipe is on my New Year's Eve menu and I can't wait to try it! It was printed in the BH&G Appetizers publication.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pecans, ground
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces evaporated milk
- 22 chicken drummettes, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup cherry jam
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Make the salsa by combining the last 6 ingredients in a food processor. Cover and pulse until nearly smooth.
- 3Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Or refrigerate, covered, for several days and then bring to room temperature before serving.
- 4Grease a large baking pan, or cover with parchment paper.
- 5Combine the pecans, flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a shallow dish or pie plate.
- 6Pour can of evaporated milk in a second dish or pie plate.
- 7Dip drumettes in milk and then in the pecan mixture, coating well.
- 8Arrange the chicken in the prepared baking pan and drizzle with the melted butter.
- 9Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink.
- 10Serve with the salsa.
- 11Dip the drumettes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Crusted Chicken Drumettes With Dried Cherry Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.8
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 145.5 mg
- Sodium 300.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 34.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: