Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my recipes that is a combination of several recipes I found. The pecans give the chicken a nice texture. I really love that it takes under 1/2 hour from start to finish and is a good solid main course.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 ounces pecans, finely ground (about 1.5 cups)
- 8 boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In saucepan, melt 6T butter.
- Whisk in 2T mustard and 1T honey until blended.
- Scrape into a shallow dish.
- Place ground pecans in a separate shallow dish.
- Dip chicken into mustard mixture 1st then dredge with pecans.
- In a large frying pan, heat the remaining 2T butter & oil over medium heat
- Add chicken and cook approximately 3 minutes per side, until lightly browned and tender.
- Place on serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Discard all but 2T of fat from pan and reduce heat to low.
- Add sour cream; whisk in remaining 1T mustard, salt, & pepper. Blend well.
- Cook just until heated through, do NOT boil.
- Serve over chicken.
- I like to serve with spinach salad with hot bacon dressing and steamed asparagus.
This is a fantastic recipe! Great company meal. I got rave reviews from family and friends. Thanks.