Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the taste of pecans as part of the 'crust' on this chicken. This was clipped from a magazine and adapted slightly.
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 slice bread, torn up
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 egg whites (from large eggs)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- prepared horseradish sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Pulse pecans, bread, thyme, salt and cayenne pepper in a food processor until nuts are finely ground.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites and cornstarch.
- Dip chicken breasts first in the egg-white mixture, then in the pecan crumb mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Place skillet in oven and cook 5 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
- Top with horseradish sauce, if desired.