Recipe by Flavor Diva
Awesome quick meal! Juicy on the inside with an awesome crunchy exterior. This is great with hazelnuts and almonds instead of pecans as well. I usually pair with a steamed green vegetable and a small serving of parmesan mashed potatoes. This goes very well with a Sauvignon Blanc or a Chardonnay.
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs (Asian bread crumbs)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wrap chicken lightly in Saran wrap and pound chicken to a uniform thickness (approx 1/2 inch thick).
- In a bowl lightly beat the egg whites.
- In a separate bowl combine Panko and remaining ingredients.
- Dip chicken in egg whites then in the Panko mixture.
- Place chicken in a greased pan. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.