Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The restaurant that I work at has had this for specials and it ALWAYS goes over GREAT!! Cast iron skillet makes this dish a classic but if you don't have one then a regular frying pan will work.
- Mix the flour, onion powder and salt together in a shallow dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- In another mixing bowl, mix the thyme, pecans, salt and pepper.
- Coat each fillet in the flour mixture, then egg mixture, then nut mixture, coating completely.
- In a large cast iron skillet (frying pan) heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Carefully place fillets into the oil, frying for about 7-8 minutes, turn once, fry the other side for about 7-8 minutes.
- Make sure both sides are nice a golden brown.
- Drain on wire cooling racks. Don't drain on paper towels.
- Enjoy with your favorite side dish.