Recipe by Vino Girl
A Martha Stewart recipe that seems made for my husband - he loves both pecans and catfish.
- 4 skinless catfish fillets
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind cornmeal and pecans with salt and pepper in a food processor until nuts are finely ground. Transfer to a large shallow container.
- Dredge catfish in cornmeal mixture, patting it on to coat completely.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook 2 fish fillets until golden brown and firm to the touch, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate; sprinkle with salt if desired, and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe skillet with a paper towel. Repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and fish.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.