Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
this is made with reduced-fat ingredients. Always KISS THE COOK!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise, dressing or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
- 2 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- French baguette, sliced and toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook for 3 to 5 minutes more or until onion is tender and spinach is cooked, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chopped artichoke hearts, cream cheese, mayonnaise dressing, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and hot pepper sauce.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Top with pecans; bake for 10 minutes more.
- Serve with toasted bread slices.