Recipe by grandma2969
found this in a box of recipe clippings at a Church garage sale this is a real time saving cake that frosts while it bakes..to set the crust, cool the cake in the pan about 15 minutes...then remove and complete cooling, crumb side up on cake rack..the final touch is a sprinkling of powdered sugar, blended with milk and flavored with vanilla...
PECAN CRUNCH CAKE
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- thoroughly butter bottom and sides of a fluted 1 quart tube pan or an 8" square pan.set aside.
- mix pecans, melted butter, sugar, crumbs and salt.press this mixture on bottom and 1" up sides of pan.set aside.
- cream butter and sugar.add eggs and beat until light and fluffy --
- blend in vanilla.add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk, starting and ending with dry ingredients.
- pour batter into pan.
- bake at 350* -- 60-65 minutes.
- cool 15 minutes, remove from pan.cool completely with crumb side up.pour vanilla glaze over crunch top.
- VANILLA GLAZE:.
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar.
- 2 tbls milk.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Beat ingredients together until smooth.
- pour over top of crunch cake.