Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got the recipe from my sister in law. This makes a yummy crusty cake resembling a pound cake consistency.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 2⁄3 cups sifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- Mix together 1/2 cup butter, chopped pecans, crushed vanilla wafers, and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Pat mixture on the bottom and sides of 2 greased loaf pans.
- Cream remaining butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Mix milk and vanilla and add to batter alternately with sifted dry ingredients, starting and ending with dry ingredients.
- Pour into 2 prepared loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees until cake test done in the middle.
- Turn out on cake racks to cool immediately.
Loved the crust! Made exactly as posted, but may do some changing, just to see how it goes! A lovely presentation as well! This will definetly be made again. Thnx for posting -Mary-. Made for Spring PAC 2009.