Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my grandmother's cookie recipes that I often bake at Christmas. Brings back memories....
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and butter, add sugar; cream well.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Add flour mixture; mix well.
- Fold in pecans.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Do NOT use a medium cookie scoop to make these cookies. These cookies spread, and the medium cookie scoop makes a HUGE cookie. The small (1 tsp) cookie scoop would be great, if I had one. The taste is delicious, and I will make again (when my small cookie scoop gets here)!
My mother-in-law uses this exact recipe every Christmas. It's delicious!