Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
What an elegant side dish for Thanksgiving or just for tonight. Allows individual servings for everyone.
- 2 (1 lb) acorn squash
- 2⁄3 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut each squash in half, scooping out seeds and membranes.
- Place the squash cut side down in a microwave safe dish. Add 1/2 inch of water to the dish and microwave on high for 12-15 minutes or until squash is tender. Cool slightly.
- Combine crackers through cinnamon in a bowl.
- Cut each squash half into 2 equal pieces.
- Fill each squash piece with the combined ingredients.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until stuffing is melted and lightly browned.