Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
My mother made these cookies every year during the Christmas season.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer until fluffy.
- Add pecans and mix until blended.
- With mixer on low, gradually beat in flour just until blended.
- Wrap dough and chill 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 325.
- Divide dought into 8 equal pieces.
- On a lightly floured board, form each piece into a 1/2 inch thick rope, the cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
- Taper ends, then bend into crescent shapes.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until light golden brown and firm.
- While warm, roll in confectioners sugar to coat.
- Let cool on racks.
After I started making the dough, I realized I had run out of pecans...duh! I used chopped walnuts (not finely chopped) and the cookies were delicious. Mom would have been proud.