Another one of my absolute favorite cookies from my Grandmother. These are wonderfully buttery and flaky, melting in your mouth. Lovely with tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar in large bowl.
- 2Add vanilla and blend well.
- 3Add sifted flour and mix thoroughly.
- 4Add finely ground pecans and blend.
- 5Shape into crescents (use 1 tsp full) and place on greased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake in 350-degree F oven for about 12 minutes.
- 7Roll in confectioners' sugar while still warm. I use a ziplock bag for this - Put a bit of 10x sugar in bag, place in cookie and gently toss. These cookies break and crumble fairly easily, so very gently coat!
- 8Enjoy! These freeze very well. Just remove from freezer well ahead of serving time and allow to defrost at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Crescents
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.8
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 26.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g