Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another one of my absolute favorite cookies from my Grandmother. These are wonderfully buttery and flaky, melting in your mouth. Lovely with tea.
- Cream butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Add vanilla and blend well.
- Add sifted flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add finely ground pecans and blend.
- Shape into crescents (use 1 tsp full) and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350-degree F oven for about 12 minutes.
- Roll in confectioners' sugar while still warm. I use a ziplock bag for this - Put a bit of 10x sugar in bag, place in cookie and gently toss. These cookies break and crumble fairly easily, so very gently coat!
- Enjoy! These freeze very well. Just remove from freezer well ahead of serving time and allow to defrost at room temperature.