Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are easy--a quick little sweet to make.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate each can into 4 rectangles, pressing perforations to seal. Brush evenly with 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Stir together pecans and next 3 ingredients. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of mixture on each rectangle. Pressing gently, roll up starting at the long side and twist.
- Cut 6 shallow ½-inch long diagonal slits into each roll. Shape into rings, pressing ends together.
- Place on lightly greased baking dish; brush the twist with remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Bake at 375°F for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir powdered sugar and syrup together and drizzle over warm twist.
These turned out very nice, the mix of spices was really good. I used raisins instead of pecans and made it without the glaze because I didn't have one of the ingredients. It was nice, easy and quick. I also tried it with mincemeat, super easy for me and tasty for them. I guess the possibilities are endless... Thanks for a great idea!