This recipe came from a cookie exchange I used to attend yearly. I love them but seem to only make them at Christmas. They probably can be made with any oily nut *like almonds* but I prefer them with pecans. They are very tender and they melt in your mouth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine together flour, salt and chopped pecans.
- 2In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar, water and vanilla.
- 3Gradually add the flour mixture and mix well to combine but try not to overmix.
- 4Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 5Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 10 minutes and then shape into crescents (any size but I usually make them about 3").
- 6Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- 7While they are still warm but not hot, roll in powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Crescent Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.6
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 316.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g