Recipe by MaryMc
These cookies are buttery and rich and not too sweet.
Top Review by Maito
Someone made these for us and they were really good! She used powdered sugar and added mini chocolate chips to the dough. She also rolled them in cinnamon sugar after they were baked. They were buttery, flaky and quite addicting!
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, finely-chopped
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the salt and flour.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Shape into logs 2-1/2' long and about 1/2" to 3/4" thick in the middle, tapering on the ends. Bend into crescents. Place 1" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325° F for 22 to 25 minutes, or until set and lightly browned on the bottoms.
- Let stand 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Dust with powdered sugar.