Recipe by littleturtle
Fancy mints. These are no cook; the cook time is time to harden. Liquid egg whites from a carton work great for splitting the recipe for two different flavor mints from the same batch. I put 1 1/2 tablespoons liquid egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon extract in each bowl with half of the cream and half of the sugar.
Top Review by forthefunofit
These are very good! I added a few drops of green food coloring for a light green mint. Pretty, delicious, and the melt-in-your-mouth creaminess is lovely. Great for holiday trays. I will definitely make this again. Thank you for posting!
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon extract
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 3 -4 cups powdered sugar (approx)
- 28 pecan halves (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg white, mint, and cream, and gradually add sugar until you can roll the mixture out on wax paper; roll to about the size of a pencil.
- Slice your roll and press a pecan half into each slice.
- Let sit until they are firm and dry on the outside (about a day).