Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a luscious variation on the classic pecan pie,a richly satisfying cross between a pie and a cheesecake.Developed by Leon Soniat, a New Orleans native, cooking teacher and cookbook author. Originally from an October 1980 issue of Bon Apetit magazine that featured "Creole Cooking at the Source".
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for single-crust pie
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces pecans, lightly toasted and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line pie crust with parchment paper, fill with dried beans or pie weights and bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, egg, and 2 teaspoons vanilla in mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl beat eggs,corn syrup, sugar and vanilla until well mixed.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into pie crust, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Stir corn syrup mixture again and carefully pour through fork tines over pecans (this technique will keep pecans from shifting).
- Bake until set, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve chilled.