Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
There's little baking or prep time involved here, but allow some extra time for refrigeration. From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (January/February 1999)
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shells, baked and cooled
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- TOPPING: In a bowl, combine pecans, coconut and butter.
- Pour onto an ungreased 15x10 baking/jellyroll pan.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- FILLING: Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon into pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with coconut topping mixture and drizzle with caramel topping.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.