Recipe by Sherry C
I got this recipe from my good friend Samantha H...she says she got it from a magazine years ago. I get asked for the recipe every time I take it somewhere. If you like cream cheese desserts, you will love this!
Top Review by katharinefarley
I made this for a breakfast brunch, and everyone loved it. The dough was a little tricky, but I realized it didn't have to be perfect. The pecans covered any flaws in the appearance.Quite easy to make.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- place 1 can crescent rolls in bottom of 13x9 pan and press edges together to cover bottom of pan, stretching dough as needed.
- Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, vanilla and egg yolk thoroughly and spread over dough.
- Place second can of rolls on top of cream cheese mixture and press edges together to make a solid top crust.
- Slightly beat egg white and 1/2 cup sugar together and spread on top of rolls.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. I have used "no name" and reduced fat crescent rolls and reduced fat cream cheese and splenda sweetener in this recipe with great results, no one has suspected it was modified to be slightly healthier. It is also very good with walnuts in place of pecans.