Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
from Eating Well
- 118.29 ml old fashioned oats
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 44.37 ml water
- 236.59 ml pecan halves, divided
- 158.51 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 118.29 ml fat free egg substitute
- 2 large egg whites
- 78.07 ml light corn syrup
- 22.18 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 0.25 ml salt
- 78.07 ml coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom or coat it with nonstick spray.
- To make crust: Spread oats in another pie pan and bake, stirring occasionally, until toasted, 6 to 12 minutes. Let cool. Place the oats in a food processor and process until coarsely ground.
- Stir together oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Drizzle oil onto dry ingredients and use a fork or your fingers to blend until crumbly. Using a fork, stir in water, 1 tablespoons at a time, until dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead 7 to 8 times. Roll dough out to an 11-inch circle, dusting with flour if necessary. Transfer dough to prepared pan, pressing to fit. Trim edges. (If necessary, use scraps to patch any holes in crust.).
- To make filling & bake: Spread 1/2 cup pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until fragrant. Let cool and coarsely chop.
- Whisk brown sugar, eggs, egg whites, corn syrup, vinegar, butter, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in dried cranberries and chopped pecans. Spoon filling into crust. Arrange remaining 1/2 cup pecans on top of filling.
- Bake tart for 20 to 25 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.