Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Another recipe I've had so long I can't remember specific details for my commentary.... I know they were good as I have it marked as a keeper! I think I'll make them soon - 'tis the season, after all! I substitute freshly ground whole grain flour for the all-purpose. **PLEASE NOTE**. If you substitute store-bought wheat flour for the all-purpose, you do not need to add the additional amount of flour - just use the same amount as all-purpose.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or 3 3⁄4 cups freshly ground soft wheat or 3 3⁄4 cups oat flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Combine the cranberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- Mix together remaining sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, brean the butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour mixture alternately with the milk; fold in pecans, cranberries and lemon peel.
- Bake at 375* for approximately 15 - 18 minutes.