Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another recipe I've had so long I can't remember specific details for my commentary.... I know they were good as I have it marked as a keeper! I think I'll make them soon - 'tis the season, after all!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Combine the cranberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt and remaining sugar.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Combine eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in pecans, cranberries and lemon peel.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400* for approximately 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.