Recipe by M&Mers
These delicious cookies are loaded with nuts and fruit! The dried cranberries and the lemon zest put these cookies in the not-too-sweet category. Great with a cup of tea/coffee or wrapped up and given as a gift!
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- x lemon, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Finely chop half the pecans, leaving the remaining pecans as halves.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the baking powder, flour, sugar and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix until sticky dough is formed.
- Stir in pecans, cranberries and lemon zest.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough in half.
- With one half, scoop out small amounts of dough with a wooden spoon and form a rough log directly on the parchment paper.
- With floured hands, shape rough log into a smooth log which measures 9 inches long by 3 inches wide.
- Repeat with second half of dough, placing it about 4-5 inches away from first log.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- In the meantime, reduce oven temperature to 275F degrees.
- On cutting board, with serrated knife, cut logs into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices.
- Place pieces, cut side down, on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Turn cookies over and bake for 20 minutes longer or until slightly dry.
- Cool on wire rack then store in an airtight container.