Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
These delicious cookies are loaded with nuts and fruit! The dried cranberries and the lemon zest put these cookies in the not-too-sweet category. Great with a cup of tea/coffee or wrapped up and given as a gift!
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- x lemon, zest of
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Finely chop half the pecans, leaving the remaining pecans as halves.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the baking powder, flour, sugar and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix until sticky dough is formed.
- Stir in pecans, cranberries and lemon zest.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough in half.
- With one half, scoop out small amounts of dough with a wooden spoon and form a rough log directly on the parchment paper.
- With floured hands, shape rough log into a smooth log which measures 9 inches long by 3 inches wide.
- Repeat with second half of dough, placing it about 4-5 inches away from first log.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- In the meantime, reduce oven temperature to 275F degrees.
- On cutting board, with serrated knife, cut logs into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices.
- Place pieces, cut side down, on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Turn cookies over and bake for 20 minutes longer or until slightly dry.
- Cool on wire rack then store in an airtight container.
AWESOME!! I made these for Christmas gifts and they were delicious. I definitely won't wait till next Christmas to make them again.
I'm not sure why other reviewers didn't love this... I thought these biscotti were really great. I love how every biteful has a bunch of nuts and fruit in it. I baked these for holiday cookies, and everyone raved about them; in fact, I am writing this review making a second batch in 48 hours! [Edit] This is my go-to biscotti recipe. I make it every holiday season. It is wonderful! I sometimes add 1/4 teaspoon almond extract to the batch as well.
OMG this is EXACTLY what Biscotti's are all about! Dense and chock full of yummy goodies. My family and friends were impressed and went gaga over these. Thank you M&Mers!!