Recipe by KittyKitty
These are nutty, and just a tiny bit spicy. I serve them with cheese and fresh fruit as a light appetizer at Thanksgiving.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 30 pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- beat butter at med. speed with electric mixer until creamy. Add flour and next 5 ingredients, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in chopped pecans. Wrap dough with plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 2 (9 inch long) logs.Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour.
- Cut dough into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place rounds on lightly greased baking sheets, top each with a pecan half.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until ightly browned; remove to wire racks, cool completely.