Recipe by LMillerRN
Serve these nutty, mildly spiced bites alongside cheese and fresh fruit for a light appetizer. From Southern Living. Prep time does not include 2 hour chill time.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 30 pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add flour and next 5 ingredients, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in chopped pecans. Wrap dough with plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 2 (9-inch-long) logs. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour.
- Cut dough into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place rounds on lightly greased baking sheets; top each round with a pecan half.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned; remove to wire racks, and let cool completely.