Pie Queen's Note:
I use homemade cornbread using a mix for this since it is less sweet then the shop bought. Make sure you taste the mixture before you add the salt, since the stock already contains a lot of salt already. I like to use vegetarian chicken stock for this, but you can use whatever flavor you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn the oven to 325F and place pecans and cornbread (cubed) on a tray for around 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove and allow to cool. When cool you can easily break the pecans into half.
- 2Melt the butter on medium heat in a large wok and add chopped celery, leeks, and spring onions.
- 3Allow to cook whilst stirring until they soften and begin to turn a little golden.
- 4Add the cornbread and pecans, toss the mixture.
- 5Dissolve the stock in the hot water and pour over the cornbread.
- 6Mix the stuffing, the cornbread pieces will start to break down now. Taste the mixture and then add salt and pepper, adjust to personal taste.
- 7Let the mixture cool down before putting into a baking dish. This can be made the day before and put in the fridge.
- 8Bake at 325F for 40-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Cornbread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.7
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 895.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g