Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
from Jackie Gannaway books...
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart wide mouth jar.
- Press each layer firmly in place.
- Add flour mixture in several additions.pressing each addition in till it becomes firm.
- Put glaze ingredients in a zipper sandwich bag.label it "GLAZE MIX".
- add a ball of foil to top of jar to keep ingredients in place.
- attach the following instructions.
- remove the glaze mix bag from jar.set aside.
- empty jar ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- blend thoroughly with a whisk.
- add 1 1/4 sticks very soft butter.
- 1 large egg and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Mix with electric mixer until a crumbly dough is formed.
- finish mixing with your hands until dough if formed.shape dough into 1" balls.place 2" apart on sprayed cookie sheet.
- flatten cookie with your fingertips.
- bake at 350* for 16-20 minutes.cool 5 minutes on baking sheets.then remove to wire racks.make frosting .empty frosting bag contents into a small microwave safe bowl.add 3 tbls butter or margarine.microwave 20 seconds.stir well.microwave 10 more seconds.stir until all marshmallows are melted.put some on each cooled cookie.