Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup dairy fresh sour cream
- 2 cups crushed pecans
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Prepare topping mix and set aside.
- crumble all together the cold butter, flour, brown sugar spices, and pecans.
- Cake: Cream the 2 cups white sugar and the unsalted butter.
- Cream until smooth and no sugar is felt between your fingertips.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Add half the sour cream alternating with all dryingredients.
- Scrape the bowl well add the rest of dry ingredients, Add the last of the sour cream.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan well.
- Place half the batter in pan and spread.
- Put half the pecan mixture over top evenly.
- Pour last of the batter over, and then top with remaining pecans mix.
- Bake 350 degrees.
- for 40 minutes.
- or until tester comes away clean.