Recipe by LMillerRN
You can use almost any kind of fish with this recipe.
Top Review by kittinlynn
I have tried several different recipes for fish and this was by far the best. We had two another couples over for dinner the first time I cooked it and EVERYONE loved it! The only thing I would suggest is cutting the salsa in 1/2. It was really good but we had tons left over.
- 4 fish fillets (fresh or thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
PINEAPPLE MANGO SALSA
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F Line a 15 1/2x10 1/2x1-inch baking pan with Foil, spray with cooking spray ; set aside.
- COMBINE butter, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add fish and stir to coat; set aside. Combine pecans, coconut and bread crumbs. Spread mixture on a sheet of wax paper. Roll fish in coconut mixture, turning to coat evenly. Press on additional mixture, if necessary. Place in a single layer in foil-lined pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or just until fish is opaque throughout. Serve with salsa.
- FOR SALSA: Combine pineapple, mango, red pepper, green onions, red wine vinegar, cilantro and salt. Chill; serve with fish.