Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can use almost any kind of fish with this recipe.
Make and share this Pecan Coconut Crusted Fish recipe from Food.com.
- 4 fish fillets (fresh or thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
PINEAPPLE MANGO SALSA
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F Line a 15 1/2x10 1/2x1-inch baking pan with Foil, spray with cooking spray ; set aside.
- COMBINE butter, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add fish and stir to coat; set aside. Combine pecans, coconut and bread crumbs. Spread mixture on a sheet of wax paper. Roll fish in coconut mixture, turning to coat evenly. Press on additional mixture, if necessary. Place in a single layer in foil-lined pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or just until fish is opaque throughout. Serve with salsa.
- FOR SALSA: Combine pineapple, mango, red pepper, green onions, red wine vinegar, cilantro and salt. Chill; serve with fish.
I have tried several different recipes for fish and this was by far the best. We had two another couples over for dinner the first time I cooked it and EVERYONE loved it! The only thing I would suggest is cutting the salsa in 1/2. It was really good but we had tons left over.
OMG, this recipe is dynamite! I used mahi mahi, and I chopped the coconut & pecans in a food processor. My husband called it, "restaurant quality". :)
The fish came out GREAT! I LOVE this crust and will use it again ASAP! As for the salsa, I had to flip around a few things! I had to not use the mango (allergic) and I only used, tomato, cilantro, onion, pineapple and jalapenos and a juice from 1/2 lime! AWSOME meal! I also layed the fish on top of the salsa! Thanks again, this was great!