Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can use almost any kind of fish with this recipe.
Make and share this Pecan Coconut Crusted Fish recipe from Food.com.
- 4 fish fillets (fresh or thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
PINEAPPLE MANGO SALSA
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F Line a 15 1/2x10 1/2x1-inch baking pan with Foil, spray with cooking spray ; set aside.
- COMBINE butter, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add fish and stir to coat; set aside. Combine pecans, coconut and bread crumbs. Spread mixture on a sheet of wax paper. Roll fish in coconut mixture, turning to coat evenly. Press on additional mixture, if necessary. Place in a single layer in foil-lined pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or just until fish is opaque throughout. Serve with salsa.
- FOR SALSA: Combine pineapple, mango, red pepper, green onions, red wine vinegar, cilantro and salt. Chill; serve with fish.
I have tried several different recipes for fish and this was by far the best. We had two another couples over for dinner the first time I cooked it and EVERYONE loved it! The only thing I would suggest is cutting the salsa in 1/2. It was really good but we had tons left over.
OMG, this recipe is dynamite! I used mahi mahi, and I chopped the coconut & pecans in a food processor. My husband called it, "restaurant quality". :)
The fish came out GREAT! I LOVE this crust and will use it again ASAP! As for the salsa, I had to flip around a few things! I had to not use the mango (allergic) and I only used, tomato, cilantro, onion, pineapple and jalapenos and a juice from 1/2 lime! AWSOME meal! I also layed the fish on top of the salsa! Thanks again, this was great!