Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Southern Living; part of annual Christmas baking ritual.
Top Review by Caryn Dalton
You beat me to it! My brother in law used to make this for Holiday get togethers before he lost his sight. I did not know he got it from Southern Living. So yummy. Only difference for us is that we never refridgerated them and they firmed up fine..and were not around near long enough to go bad! Thank you for posting a winner!
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 1⁄2 lbs milk chocolate kisses
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 6 cups pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place marshmallow cream and chocolate in a large bowl.
- Bring sugar, milk, and butter to a boil in a large heavy saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring constantly, 8 minutes.
- Add milk mixture to marshmallow cream mixture, stirring until chocolate melts.
- Stir in pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto wax paper-lined baking sheets; chill until firm.
- Store in refrigerator.