- 4 cups shreddies cereal
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cereal,nuts and cinnamon in large bowl;set aside.
- Mix brown sugar,butter and corn syrup in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat,stirring constantly.
- WITHOUT STIRRING,boil 2 minutes.
- Stir in baking soda.
- Pour over cereal mixture;until peices are coated spread evenly on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 250*F (120*C),30-35 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Store in airtight container.
- TIP It is important to boil without stirring or mixture will form crystals.