Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my adopted recipe Feb 2005. I made this and did a few changes, I changed the 1/4 tsp cinnamon to 1 tsp and added 1 tsp vanilla. I like lots of nuts, I used 1 cup.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, Sifted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1 large egg, Slightly Beaten
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2-1 cup pecans, Chopped
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into mixing bowl; Add white and brown sugar; Stir in Pecans.
- Combine egg, oil and milk in small bowl; blend well.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten; Batter will be thick
- Spoon batter into 12 greased 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups or 6- 3 1/2 muffin cups.
- Bake in 375°F. oven about 20 minutes for 12 muffins or about 30 minutes for 6 -3 1/2 inch muffin cups or until tester comes out clean.
Easy, delicious, what more could you ask for. Only change I made was increasing the cinnamon to 1 teaspoon.
Easy to do....delicious. I am going to add 1/3 of the flour in triticale flour for it's nutty, full flavor in my next batch. Warren
These are so yummy - extra so with my changes and additions! I used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. I increased the cinnamon to 1 1/2 tsp. Plus, I added a topping to the 12 muffins right after they came out of the oven that consisted of 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar, 1/4 cup Melted Buttter, 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon spooned over the top of each muffin, then finished off with a sprinkle of finely chopped pecans. OMGosh - delicious!