Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
I put this together this morning because I was craving something relatively healthy but still bordering on decadent. I think this fit the bill perfectly. Don't put these in the fridge to cool, let them cool in the air if it's not too hot in your house. Once these are cold they are hard to cut into pieces. Once you cut them into squares store in the fridge.
- 236.59 ml granulated artificial sweetener (I used Xylitol)
- 236.59 ml brown rice syrup
- 118.29 ml smooth cashew butter (or other nut butter)
- 118.29 ml rapunzel organic chocolate hazelnut butter
- 1419.54 ml brown crispy rice cereal
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat mix the Xylitol and brown rice syrup together.
- Heat until hot and bubbly. Remove from heat and add the nut butter and Chocolate Hazelnut butter mixing well.
- In a large bowl add the rice crispy cereal, nuts and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Press into a 9x13 inch dish. Let cool for one hour before cutting.
Very tasty and easy to make sweet treat! I used only 1 cup brown rice syrup, no other sweetener, and 85 percent chocolate. Also I didn't have the chocolate hazelnut butter but only plain hazelnut butter. It was plenty sweet for my taste, very rich and satisfying. Thanks for posting!! Made for Comfort Cafe January 2010.